P: +1 844.787.8827
MA, George Washington University, Organizational Leadership and Learning, 2017
BS, George Washington University, Systems Engineering, 2016
At SCA, Melis Tezel works closely with colleagues and clients on creating project outlines, preparing presentations, proposals and strategy documents. She also collaborates on financial modeling and supports research and data analysis processes for various projects. Melis has a technical background on renewable energy processes and is dedicated to improving her perspective and practical knowledge on the operational and financial aspects of sustainable developments.
- Climate Change: Conducted extensive research, data analysis, and expert interviews to evaluate global progress towards preventing the impacts of climate change.
- Solar Energy: Led a project prototyping solar trackers to evaluate to energy and cost efficiency of different residential solar installations. Successfully collected and analyzed data to provide a recommendation on the effective use of solar trackers on residential solar installations.
- Engineering and Risk Analysis: Taught and advised students in an undergraduate-level course at the George Washington University, Department of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering. The course focused on the core techniques of requirements and functional analysis and served as preparation for higher level project management, risk management, and optimization knowledge.
Why did you join SCA?
- As an individual who is driven by challenge and curiosity, SCA gave me the opportunity to better myself in a field that I have a special interest in. SCA provides an inclusive teamwork environment, in which I am both able to learn from my colleagues and find my voice and share my skills. I am continually combining my previous knowledge with new and improved skills, researching and staying up to date with sustainable infrastructure and renewable energy field.
What is the most interesting project you’ve done?
- For a strategy development project, I had the opportunity to interview over 20 individuals who are prominent experts in their fields of climate finance, climate change, and renewable energy. I had the great opportunity of holding long-lasting conversations with each, sharing ideas about global progress towards climate change.