M: +1 917.868.4938
F: +1 917.591.2334
BA, Clark Atlanta University, Business Administration, 2004
Leadership and Affiliations:
- National Association of Securities Professionals (NASP) – Member
- Florida Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA)
- Transportation Research Board (TRB), P3 Subcommittee (2014)
Mr. Cox is director at Sustainable Capital Advisors with experience executing financings totaling over $2 billion in power, transportation (airports, seaports), water, sewer and sustainable energy projects. He has extensive experience engaging capital providers and developing innovative solutions for funding energy projects. His careers spans 12 years as an investment banker, financial advisor and consultant at bulge bracket and small Wall Street firms. Currently, he serves as the financial advisor to the Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority (WAPA), where he is responsible for a range of services, including developing and implementing comprehensive plans of finance, rating agency strategy and data analysis.
- Education: Executed over $1 billion financings education entities including colleges and universities, public school districts, charter schools and independent private schools. This includes financings totaling $500 million for historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs).
- Caribbean Infrastructure. Successfully completed financings for a variety of Caribbean-based infrastructure projects including cruise port improvements, a new dormitory, substations, submarine cables and a variety of other utility projects.
- Build America Bonds. Successfully led an $85 million bond issue which included the first Build America Bond (BAB) issue for a U.S. territory municipal issuer (Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority).
- Economic Development: Evaluated several economic development projects in the U.S. and the Caribbean. Strategic planning and financing for a new cruise port and mixed retail entertainment district in the Caribbean.
Why did you join SCA?
- SCA provides a platform that supports my expertise and interests in economic development and sustainable infrastructure, allowing me to better serve my clients and potential clients on a variety of projects.
What is the most interesting project you’ve done?
- Successfully completed a $29 million financing to fund a portion of a larger redevelopment project in Washington, D.C. that would replace 700 housing project units one-for-one (one of the first projects to do this) and include over 1,000 market rate units and office space, creating a mixed income community.