Sustainable Energy Financial Fellowship
As part of the SCA team, fellows will work with senior members to support existing and new client engagements by providing financial modeling, quantitative analysis, industry analysis, markets research, preparing proposals and communications to name a few. Our goal is to provide our fellows with not only a broad view of the sustainable infrastructure but the development of the hard and soft skills required to be a successful professional.
Our program is comprised of 4 key components:
- Project Based Work Assignments – Each fellow is assigned 2-3 projects consisting of both active client engagements and business development targets. Interns are integrated into existing project teams and provide valuable analysis, research and general support to the overall client efforts.
- Sustainable Capital “University” (SCU) – SCU provides fellows with weekly training taught by senior SCA members and leading experienced professionals on various topics, including fundamentals of finance, basic financial modeling, professional writing, survey of renewable energy technologies, public-private partnerships, energy policy, and utility industry, providing real world context to information students learn in academia.
- Blogging – Each fellow is responsible for writing a 600-800 word blog post focused on a combined personal and SCA area of interest. The post provides an opportunity to develop critical writing skills in addition to providing valuable thought leadership on research topics.
- Mentorship – Each fellow is assigned a SCA mentor who is responsible for providing active coaching and supervision throughout the internship.
Benefits of our Program:
Direct work experience and client interactions
Gain valuable networking contacts and career advice
Weekly classes taught by SCA team and industry contacts
Develop and build upon professional skills
Mentorship and collaboration with skilled executives and employees
Get featured on our blog
We’ll train you to work in areas you find most rewarding:
Marketing and Communications
“I very much enjoyed my time at SCA. I worked on various renewable energy projects doing qualitative and quantitative research as well as building financial models. The thing I like the most about the SCA internship program is that you become a ‘manager’ of your own project. Once you are assigned a project, you are responsible for the project from A to Z. I conducted a research, got valuable feedback from my supervisor, spoke with the clients, and went to the meeting. My experience at SCA helped me become a young professional in energy.”Adela WooJung Kim
Our interns come from these representative schools:
Who Should Apply
We are looking for positivity, hard-working, intellectually curious, team oriented candidates with a passion and interest in issues surrounding sustainability, climate change, clean tech, resiliency, and energy access/equity.
The following are general qualifications and abilities required for the analyst intern position at SCA:
- Majors: Pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, English, Public Policy, Economics, Law, Engineering, Environmental Studies, or Finance.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in the energy industry (preferably in clean energy) working with project development firms, investment banks, infrastructure funds, or consulting firms.
- Personal attributes:
- Self-starter, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks
- Open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills
Applications for Fall 2018 are now open.